Wednesday, 7 December 2011

What are they thinking?

Deaf people. Normal hearing people. We think with words. But how do they think? Do they think with someone doing sign language in their minds, or what? I got this question from a good friend of mine. When she posted this on my status for blog ideas, this became so interesting that I had to blog about it. How do they think? Can they think? What do they think about? Do they understand the things they're thinking about, if they could think at all? So many questions and no one to answer them. I can only give my opinion on the matter. Well, since they're death and hear nothing, I think they think with visuals. Not sign language in their heads, but like, pictures and that. When they need to form a sentence they string pictures together and think like that. I wonder what it feels like, to be deaf. I don't know whether to pity them or admire them for staying strong even through hearing loss. So I'm just gonna admire them. If I pity them then I guess that will make them feel less, but I don't want that. No. I want to know how they think, what they think about, and can they understand what they think about? So many questions and no answers. If only I had a deaf friend. I wouldn't use them as an experiment. I would treat them the way I treat my friends: Like normal people. They are normal people, just with a disadvantage. Deaf people. Deaf thinking. What do they think about???

No comments:

Post a Comment